It goes without saying that Hopper is one of the most beloved characters of Stranger Things, despite clearly having a lot of very normal character flaws. But judging from his castmates, they’re all wanting more screen time with him.
But scratch the surface just a bit and you’ll find he’s got a hilarious instagram account, where he pokes fun at Joe Keery (Steve Harrington) for “stealing his hair”:
Not only that, but he agreed to pose with someone for their senior pictures if they got 25K retweets – well, guess what…
Now, just because we can’t get enough of him:
So yeah, we gorged ourselves on the second season of Stranger Things last night and wrapped up around 1:40am. I’m not proud of this. I’m old now and need more coffee, but I figure it’s time to do a short recap avoiding spoilers.
- I never thought I would think a Demogorgon was “cute” – it’s true, despite it being what it was, I couldn’t help myself.
- There was an “IF SO-AND-SO DIES, WE RIOT” moment – because of course we have to have one.
- Eleven is SUCH a 14 year old! It’s no secret she’s already developmentally stunted due to her captivity, pile on the hormones and the face she makes in all the promotional material is pretty much her…
There’s quite a lot more, but I fear anything else would indeed be too much of a spoiler, so I’ll leave it for now so everyone can get in on the fun of the new season. Overall, a solid second season with enough loose ends to pick at a third season easily! Remember, if you decide to throw a viewing party, I posted up quick, cheap and easy ideas to get your party going!
Anyone who loved the first season of Stranger Things knows that Season Two was released on Netflix today! I’ve been reminded of this about 3 times a week for several weeks now by my son, who watched the first season at least 10 times. So what is the only rational thing to do on an occasion such as this? Throw a last minute binge party!
Being last minute means not a lot of time to prepare, create, sew, draw, etc. And the point is that you are watching the actual SHOW, not spending hours preparing for a typical social event. So for this, let’s stick with the bare bones ideas: snacks, drinks and a comfy place to watch the show for several hours.
Ok folks let’s get real. This is no time learn how to make – or hire a professional cookie maker to create – wonderful treats like these no matter how awesome they are:
So what will you serve your fellow Stranger Things Fanatics? A quick trip to the store can net plenty of great snacks that were available back in the last 1970s-early 1980s, so stick with those! Starting with:
EGGOS, of course! Create a waffle bar, where people can toast up some Eggos and create their own fun treats! Topping could include:
- chocolate chips
- whipped cream/Cool Whip
- peanut butter
- caramel syrup
- ice cream
But check it out, even Eggo is getting into the Stranger Things action, go to their website and download a 1984 label you can put on a modern box!
Of course one cannot live on Eggos alone, so you could also grab some:
- Pop Rocks
- Devil Dogs
- Jello Pudding Pops
Of course you have to have drinks you can get today that were around in the early 80s, but if you can grab a couple of pitchers (Tupperware pitchers get bonus points!), then fill them with Hi-C fruit drinks (add vodka or rum to make them even better!) – if you’re feeling creative, do something like this:
If you want some sodas, pick up some:
- TAB (classic!)
- Pepsi… if you can find any “Crystal” versions, I bow to you!
- (add vodka or rum to make your sodas even better!)
Now is not the time for overly fancy decorations, but if you want a quick and easy project that shouldn’t take too long, just do this:
- From the store: grab a huge black Sharpie marker, a plain white shower curtain or plastic table cloth and a set of Christmas lights (if you don’t already have some at home, you KNOW the stores are already putting that stuff out)
- At home: Tape the curtain to your wall and string up the lights in 3 rows. Then under each light, draw out each letter, like so:
THAT’S IT! That’s all you need to make a great party with minimal effort and maximum fun while you watch the new season with your best mates. Now… RUN!