Posted by A Wandering Rogue
As a mother, it’s very difficult for me to sit back and not become a helicopter parent when I hear that my child was picked at or made fun of by another child in school. I do not want to become overly sensitive, particularly when I know my daughter is very strong and has been able to deal with these situations well on her own. She is very lucky in that her circle of friends seem to only occasionally “hurt each other’s feelings” and her school is very proactive in quelling more serious behavior.
I am posting this in honor of the children who endure torturous bullying on a daily basis, and those who receive no support from authority figures who should know better, and especially for those who could no longer take the agony. There is a push to try and get the R rating for this movie reduced to PG-13 to make it more accessible to the very children who should be required to watch this – I hope you will join me in the effort to spread the word. Here is a link to the HRC’s e-letters asking the MPAA to reconsider it’s rating. I hope the link works.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)